Sunday, August 9, 2009

Okay. Now for Show and Tell - Part 1.

Hello,

Yes, we're back and getting into the swing of things again. Or trying to at least. : )

Now for some show and tell. I'll start off with the Mariner's Compass wedding quilt I made for my husband and me.




John and I took these pictures at Meadow Farm/Crump Park. We're very lucky to live so close to this great park. A taste of country living without having to travel too far.

This is a queen-sized (or a bit bigger... there's somebody around that is occasionally a blanket hog..) Mariner's Compass. The compasses are foundation paper pieced and the pattern is from Showstopping Quilts to Foundation Piece by Tricia Lund and Judy Pollard. The sashing was modified to have three strips (with a nine-patch in the corner). More pictures of this quilt can be found on my flickr.

I need to take care of some things around the house. I promise to share more soon! For any of you interested in seeing some photos from the wedding please see my sister Melissa's flickr.

I'll be back soon!

2 comments:

Martha said...

great photos! it was a really good idea taking it to Meadow Farm.

...so how many times have you managed to work "my husband and me" into conversation so far...?!

SewAmy said...

omg, I can't wait to see it in person.